Thursday, August 18, 2011

a little something to lessen the blow

Yesterday was quite a day at our house, even more chaotic than usual! It all started about 6:45a.m……I figured I would get up and go for a bike ride before the kids first day of school, well needless to say I was a bit tired from trying to fit in our last bit of summer the day before. (We went to see Grandpa & Vauna at the church history museum, where they have served for the past year and a half. It was a lovely day! Spent with Grammie, Aunt Cathryn, Lizzy, Allie, Collin, Uncle Trent, and Aunt Meg.) Back to the story, I made it all the way through my ride and had just gotten my diet coke from McDonald’s, when I decided to (very unwisely, I might add) to take off my jacket while riding…needless to say it did not go well! I think my pride is what hurt the most, aside from my bleeding knee, and bumps and bruises from my arms to my legs. The worst part was my I cracked the other side of my basket, and my diet coke was spilled across the road! I jumped up as quickly as I could, looked to make sure that no one saw “the incident” and was trying to put my chain back on(yes I hit so hard the chain came off!) Before 2 neighbors jogged and drove by. Once again the pride throbbing out of control.
Then it was off to the first day of school, and that is when I cried (in the car on the way back, not at school, of coarse!) Then MaGrath and I met Joan at Dear Lizzie for lunch, where we had cookies and cupcakes to make the world right again. It was whirlwind from the time the kids got home…sign disclosers, fix dinner, and get to the Court of Honor (where Mas got his Tender foot) and YW for the viewing of the camp dvd. In the midst of all the chaos there was one moment that made me actually stop and remember how thankful I am to be a mother…Hurrying from one thing to the next, MaGrath grabbed my leg and said, “Momma, I wish I was guy you got married to.” I said, “How come?” and he simply replied, “Because I love you so much.”
Just a little something to lessen the blow.

1 comment:

  1. what a sweet baby boy! dear lizzie's cookies fix almost anything, right? especially a missing dimple in the toosh. :)
    I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete